In my previous posts on competitors, I was talking about conducting on-page and off-page competitive analysis. In this post we’ll proceed further and discover even more opportunities of competitor research.
Every businessman tries to get as much information as possible on his competitors; similarly your competitors will do their best to find out more about your success tricks.
- Know what your competitor knows about you.
When performing web analytics, pay attention to every detail, particularly traffic sources. If you get traffic from your competitor websites, check out the pages they go to and how much time they spend on viewing them. Say your competitor regularly visits your blog page and spends 2 minutes in average; obviously he’s keeping a track of your updates.
- Know the SEO program your competitor uses for web analysis.
· Nowadays most of the companies use SEO tools for web analysis. Once you identify the tool your competitor uses you’ll have the opportunity to find out what he can track. Note that your business performance depends on how well you understand your competitors.
- How to define which SEO program your competitor uses?
· Go to competitor website’s landing page, open HTML source and check out the tracking code. By discovering the tracking code, it is possible to find out the SEO tool he uses. This is a bit difficult, however taking into account that it is crucially important, it’s worth trying.
- Be aware of competitor updates.
· First of all, your competitors are doing the same thing and that is, trying to beat you; especially if you constantly grow and improve your services, your competitor will want to offer suchlike staff to stand out in the market. For this reason regularly check out your competitor’s web site to track his updates and whether or not he has copy/pasted anything.
Keep in mind that being aware of what your competitor does and what he knows about you means having some idea on his upcoming projects. This is already a success. Besides, it is a great learning experience to know if your competitor has succeeded in achieving what you are intending to achieve and in case he did how he managed these all.