Link building helps websites achieve high ranking positions in search engines. The more quality backlinks you get, the better it is. However, backlinks matter.
If the backlinks are from relevant high-ranked websites, your website will definitely benefit; it will increase both page rank and improve its position on SERP (search engine result pages)
How do I know if I can benefit from a backlink? The below are top five SEO factors that define backlink quality.
- Relevancy. Say your website is about finance and you got a link from a traveling blog, than it is not surely the best deal. It’s better get 10 relevant backlinks rather than 100 irrelevant. Obviously, you need to ask relevant high-ranked websites for a backlink.
- Reputation. Additionally, before you send a link exchange request, check the reputation of the particular blog or website on the Internet and whether or not domain is banned by search engines. In case of negative reviews and feedbacks, avoid connecting. If you found nothing similar, then go for it.
- Page Rank. Page rank of the website crucially matters. If you get a link from a higher ranked website, you’ll improve page rank and SERP. Say your page rank is 4, you should look for a website which has a higher PR, or at least not less. One of the common and beneficial methods is to get a link from dofollow forums, blogs and websites.You can check the page rank at http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php
- Domain Age. The older the website domain is, the more trustworthy it is considered by search engines. However, judging only by domain is not a proper e-marketing strategy. The above-mentioned SEO tips as well as the history of domain, its listing in directories and search engines should be taken into account.
- Alexa Rank. While you may think that the high page rank is enough, it’s not, Alexa ranking plays an important role as well. Some webmasters use Alexa page rank checker tool (Alexa toolbar) at http://www.alexa.com/ to measure the popularity and the traffic of the website, as Alexa rank is based on these two factors.
Therefore, before you start your link building campaign, evaluate the quality of the targeted websites according to the above-mentioned SEO factors.
Quality brings value to your business!
My another post tells how to get quality backlinks. http://aenigmaticusblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/link-building-get-quality-backlinks.html