There are a number of SEO tips you can read on the web, although not all of them are as crucially important as the ones we are going to discuss in this post.
Google updates Panda and Penguin algorithms on a regular basis, however there are some key ranking factors that never change.
If you want your website to rank well in search engines, first, you need to be aware of the standard criteria for high ranking.
- Content. It’s always easy to copy/paste content, even so it’s one of the most dangerous things in SEO. Your website will definitely have negative effects, i.e. spam, drop in rankings, etc. Put high quality unique keyword-targeted content on your website. Make people want to read and share your content.
- Fresh content. Do not just put great unique content on your website but make sure that you provide your website with fresh content regularly. Otherwise, search engines may not visit it on a frequent basis, also you’ll lose the number of visitors and increase bounce rate. Websites that are regularly added fresh keyword-targeted content are more likely to have good results in search engines.
- Quality vs Quantity. One page cannot rank well for all the keywords it contains, make sure you concentrate on optimizing the most important and relevant keywords for each page. Conduct keyword research to find out the competition, search volume, to prepare SEO strategy plan that will push your keywords to the top.
- Website Accessibility. Ensure your website is accessible both to search engines and people. People read the content of the website to understand what it’s about and evaluate it. Similar to people search engines also need to access and understand your website to rank it appropriately on the web. Your website should be coded according to modern web standards, ensuring it can be used in PC tablets, mobile and accessible browsers. If your website satisfies modern web standards of coding, it’ll be easier for search engines to access and process it.
- Meta data matters. Again meta data. Meta data matters, it serves as an introduction to website’s content for search spiders. Carefully written meta title and description tags will drive a number of visitors to your website as well as boost click through.
The above are 5 of the top SEO tips 2012. In the next post, we are going to discuss another 5 tips for 2012. Stay tuned!