The keyword has a medium competition with 1,600 global monthly searches. Note that the competition of the keyword has nothing to do with the searches. Medium competition means that the keyword is used in a number of different websites. For instance, a keyword may have 20, 000 global monthly searches but very low competition. Obviously, it was absolutely amazing to see my website on the third page two days after publishing the posts!
However, in a week my website ranked on the 4th page for the same keyword – SEO tips 2012. This slight drop in rankings might have been caused due to several reasons: an ever-growing competition, search engine algorithm updates (Google Panda 3.9.1 update on August 20th). It was crucially important to continue optimizing the keyword to achieve good rankings in SERP. (My goal is to rank on the 1st page for this keyword: it will take some time and efforts but there’s nothing impossible!)
Here are some valuable SEO tips that I have learned from my personal experience and would love to share with you:
- Consistency in SEO campaign. Today, it’s hard to stand out in an ever-growing competition unless you are consistent with your SEO campaign. If you want to rank well for the particular keywords, don’t stop optimizing them. Remember that there’s a huge competition in the emarket which grows with each passing day. Today’s ranking might not be the same tomorrow. Consistency in SEO campaign is one of the most important factors. Keep doing the great work to achieve good rankings.
- Top priority keywords. Come up with a list of the keywords that you think might rank your site high up on the 1st page. How to build an effective keyword list? You need to conduct a keyword research and analysis and choose the keywords that clearly describe your business or what it is you’d like to present to the world. Choose your keywords wisely!
- Keyword Optimization. Optimize these keywords; use them in the content, posts, anchor texts, social media campaign, etc. If you want to keep good keyword positions in search engines, you should run an effective search engine optimization campaign which means doing SEO on a daily basis.
- Stay active. Say if you have published a post yesterday, you don’t have to think that there’s no need to publish it on the next day! The more you update your website, the better it is. If you really want to improve the keyword positions in search engine result pages (SERP), don’t stop using these keywords, though make sure you keep to reasonable limits. Do not stuff your content with them; ensure you use the right keywords in the right place. Remember, stuffing=spamming!
- Run an effective SEO campaign. Do everything naturally and effectively, make people and search engine spiders want to check out your website on a regular basis. For this reason, update your website to ensure search engine spiders will come to check it out more frequently. Also, if you want to increase the number of the returning visitors to your site, make everything unique: content, services, etc.
Again, keep in mind that a consistent SEO campaign will help you push your website to the top!
Lastly, I love SEO! Hope you are enthusiastic about it as well! This is very important!